Can your smart home become hacked in Harrisburg? The short answer is "rarely”. A smart home plan from a tech-savvy installer like Vivint protects with advanced encryption and other techniques like IP address masking to prevent a breach of your system. Only an advanced hacker with plenty of time, patience, and luck will succeed. Hackers normally go after less secure networks and a home security system won’t be on an experienced criminal’s attack plan.
The manner in which Vivint keeps you safe from smart home hackers in Harrisburg
Vivint makes installing your residential security and home automation components easy by using convenient wireless networks. Consequently, the absence of wiring might equate to more concerns about cyber-security. Fortunately, Vivint components have proven safety measures that help thwart hackers. The ensuing are samples of how Vivint deters criminal activity:
● High-level encryption standards: Theoretically, 1024-bit encryption could be circumvented, but it would require a massive amount of effort and time to solve. The vast majority of hackers are not going to spend the needed resources to navigate past this layer of protection.
● Hidden IP addresses:It’s certainly challenging to hack devices you are unable to detect. Vivint attempts to keep your smart home isolated by disguising internet addresses to the rest of the world.
● Updated security patches: Your security system must remain prepared for any new hacking techniques by issuing consistent patches and updates to firmware and software.
Additional methods to help protect your Harrisburg smart home from being hacked
Even though Vivint offers the latest in modern systems that are equipped with effective security measures, your own daily practices are also critical in protecting your smart home.
● Use secure passwords: Always implement a hard-to-crack password for your smartphone security app and Wi-Fi connections. An unpredictable sequence of characters are a wiser option than going with a personal prompt. As a general rule, the longer it is, the harder it is to crack. You also should plan to update your passwords periodically.
● Passwords are meant to be private: The key is keeping your home security password protected. When you need to supply a guest a PIN for your smart locking system, use a a limited time access code. Approved guests will be allowed to keep an eye on the house per your instructions, and later they won’t be able to enter once the code becomes invalid.
● Inspect your settings often: You could be the one to find something is amiss with your home’s security. If you detect a possible security concern, investigate your smart home setup on your smart hub or mobile app. If something is out of whack, switch out your passwords immediately.
Enjoy a secure smart home today from Vivint!
The surefire way to enjoy a safe and secure smart home is to choose a company like Vivint. Our components are equipped with proven cyber-security features that cause them to be a major challenge to infiltrate. Simply dial (717) 844-9116 or submit the following form to talk with our Vivint professionals and configure your secure smart home.