How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Harrisburg smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in full charge of your Harrisburg home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Harrisburg do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- View live or saved video streams from all integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Harrisburg by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Harrisburg
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, choose email or phone and submit the information to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Harrisburg security system. Contact (717) 844-9116 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.