What to do to cut down on false alarms in Harrisburg
False alarms may become a real issue for your home’s security. Not only do they decrease the confidence you have in your installation, but they can also be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Luckily, you may do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Harrisburg home security system.
To begin, be sure that everything is set up properly. This will probably appear to be an obvious course of action, but it frequently happens that basic user errors trigger false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on likely sources of false alarms, like a back door that could be left unsecured inadvertently. And finally, feel free to integrate the various tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Harrisburg.
Could it be really that easy? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Harrisburg?
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all your components are set up appropriately from your perspective by:
- Running a checkup with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically inspect each device to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Check your preset schedules to be certain that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart components are incorporated properly and aren't conflicting with your system.
Call your Vivint agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Harrisburg security system. They'll gladly send out a trained expert to inspect your setup.
Inspect your entry points
When your installation appears to be installed properly, the subsequent step is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your doors and widows shut tight, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an entry point remains unlatched, it might activate a sensor. If your family routinely neglects to close an entrance, you might want to incorporate a smart locking system that automatically locks when the alarm is activated. Unfortunately, windows need extra physical effort, particularly if you have a loved one who prefers to sleep with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to turn off that alarm while still shielding the rest of the residence.
Home automation tends to be a great way to cut down on false alarms in Harrisburg
One of the most effective ways to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms that result from mistakenly unlocking doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again at night when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart lock is triggered with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm when you exit the property, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Receive cell phone notifications when your implements detect unusual activity or have need of a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart home speaker, so you are able to operate your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Harrisburg when you get a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of command over your property’s security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, call (717) 844-9116 or send in the following form.