What should you do if your Harrisburg home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family – against the multitude of risks you could encounter, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Harrisburg home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be jarring, disorienting, and may provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and follow these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Harrisburg Sounds
It’s a scenario nobody wants to be in, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. Now what are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the best way to assess what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency yourself but instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your family members. Your main focus should be your family and leading them out of harm’s way. In the case of a burglary, this might involve moving to a predetermined safe zone as far away from entry points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately frightened away the intruder, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a blaze, please leave your residence right away.
- Grab your cell phone. In this day and age, most individuals have their phones with them always, but you could neglect to grab it during a crisis. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Harrisburg goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The procedure they abide by is dependent on the sort of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency is initiated, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most common sort of event - a monitoring agent will adhere to these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you using the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, local police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, don't worry. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Harrisburg
Get prepared for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Harrisburg from Vivint. Call (717) 844-9116 to begin designing your property’s protection today.